SKIP HORACK, Associate Professor, MFA University of New Orleans, JD Florida State University, specializes in fiction and creative non-fiction. He is the author of the story collection The Southern Cross (2009), winner of the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference 2008 Bakeless Fiction Prize; and the novel The Eden Hunter (2010), a New York Times Book Review Editors' Choice. His work has also appeared in Oxford American, the Saturday Evening Post, Epoch, The Southern Review, Narrative Magazine, and elsewhere. Horack is a former Jones Lecturer at Stanford University, where he was also a Wallace Stegner Fellow. His novel The Other Joseph was published by Ecco/HarperCollins in 2015.
- The Other Joseph (Ecco/HarperCollins 2015)
- The Eden Hunter (Counterpoint 2010)
- The Southern Cross (Mariner Books/Houghton Mifflin-Harcourt 2009)
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Jones Lectureship in Creative Writing, Stanford University Creative Writing Program (2009-2012).
- John Steinbeck Fellowship in Creative Writing, Martha Heasley Cox Center for Steinbeck Studies, San José State University Department of English and Comparative Literature (2009-2010).
- Katherine Bakeless Nason Fellow in Fiction, Bread Loaf Writers' Conference (2009).
- Father William Ralston Fellowship in Fiction, Sewanee Writers' Conference (2009).
- Nancy Packer Lectureship in Creative Writing, Stanford University Continuing Studies Program (2008-2009).
- Wallace Stegner Fellow in Fiction, Stanford University Creative Writing Program (2006-2008).
- Winner, Bread Loaf Writers' Conference Katherine Bakeless Nason Fiction Prize (2008).