Curriculum and Requirements | Editing, Writing, and Media
Core Requirements (12 hours): Students must complete all four courses.
- ENG 2012: Intro to English Studies
- ENC 3021: Rhetoric
- ENC 3416: Writing & Editing in Print & Online
- ENG 3803: History of Text Technologies
Advanced Requirements (9 hours): Students must complete at least three courses from the following list.
- ENC4212: Editing Manuscripts/Documents/Reports
- ENC4218: Visual Rhetoric in the Digital Age
- ENC4404: Advanced Writing and Editing
- ENG3804: History of Illustrated Texts
- ENG4020: Rhetorical Theory and Practice
- ENG4834: Issues in Publishing
- ENG4815: What is a Text?
Internship: 3 hours
(For information on internships, see the Editing Internship page)
- ENC4942: Editing Internship (graded S/U)
English Electives - 12 hours
(Students must complete four courses at 3000 / 4000 level)
- AML, CRW, ENC, ENG, ENL, LIT
Additional Requirements for all English majors
- All courses in the major must be completed with a C- or higher;
- At least 9 hours of coursework in English must be at the 4000 level;
- A minor, certificate program, or second major must be completed in another department;
- Foreign language proficiency must be demonstrated through the intermediate or 2220 level.
For questions about the major or course requirements, visit: